Sea Guardian: About Us
If you want to learn more about us, you’re in the right place. Read on to find out what makes us different, our story and who we are.
The story of the Sea Guardian began in 2014, driven by market demand. After speaking with numerous people, we realised they were all having the same problem – galvanic corrosion.
After speaking with more and more customers, we began to see the following recurring issues:
- Galvanic Reaction Between Differing Metals
- Stone chips developing into corrosion spots
- Salt getting under the paint, causing it to lift and bubble and eventually ‘flaking’ off
- Corrosion developing and eventually eating holes in the materials
- Paintwork oxidizing and becoming powdery and dull
After hearing the amount of effort our customers had put into trying to save their boats, it became clear this was a massive issue. Worst of all, it was a problem there was no clear-cut solution to.
After crafting a prototype for the system, field testing began in early 2015 and quickly showed promising results. Driven by demand, more and more people began contacting us regarding this system. It wasn’t long until we had boats fitted with the first round of the Sea Guardian system in Cairns, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney & Melbourne.
As of 2019, we mark over 4 years of field testing, study and research and are confident in releasing the Sea Guardian system to the public. We are excited to provide what we hope to be a unique, on-going solution to a huge problem within the boating community.
What It's Designed To Do:
- Help protect paintwork and prevent it from bubbling, spidering, lifting or ‘flaking off’
- Slow or stop existing corrosion from further developing or spreading
- Help prevent new corrosion from forming
- Help prevent galvanic reaction (areas where dissimilar metals meet usually aluminium and stainless steel)
- Slow paint oxidization (oxidization of paint often leads to dull or powdery paint)